Men of Slavic type, the norm is the length of the penis of 14 cm in the excited state. The lower limit is 9.5 cm If the penis has a smaller size is a pathology which is called small penis.
What should be the size of the penis
Approximately 80% of men have a complex about the size of his penis. This happens due to the lack of information on the size of the penis.
The size of the penis is determined by three parameters:
- during erection;
- at maximum tension.
Measurements performed at room temperature, to avoid reduction in response to cold. Measure the penis on the back, from the pubis to the edge of the head. The angle between the penis and the anterior abdominal wall should be 90 degrees.
The results are affected by the following factors:
- overall health and age of the patient;
- the presence of diseases and pathological changes of the penis;
- the thickness of the subcutaneous fat layer above the pubis.
In the presence of these factors is the functional and true shortening of the penis.
Sexual organ, which in the extended state is less than the average length of two and a half times, is defined as a small penis. This means that in this pathology the penis does not exceed a length of two centimeters.
Small penis has a size of not more than 9.5 – 11 cm when stretched or erect.
Causes of small penis
The reasons may be androgenic and acquired. This pathology develops as a result of violations of production of the genitals and leads to infertility.
If three years of the boy's testicles remain in the abdominal cavity and do not descend into the scrotum, urologist diagnose the syndrome Kalman. Surgical intervention will not bring the desired results, since in this pathology violated the formation of the cells of the pituitary gland, responsible for the synthesis of hormones that stimulate testosterone.
Pathology may be the result of Klinefelter syndrome, a genetic disorder in which a boy is present the extra X-chromosome. Causing the boy has a female body type, narrow shoulders and small penis, underdeveloped scrotum.
The above reasons refer to androgenic.
To be acquired include:
- inflammatory and infectious diseases in the testicles;
- injuries and tumors of the testicles;
- a tumor of the hypothalamus, adrenal and pituitary;
- medication, radiation and temperature effects on the testicles;
- syndrome of hyperprolactinemia;
- Peyronie's disease;
The small penis symptoms are observed when:
- retarded mental development;
- underdeveloped scrotum;
- weak hairline;
- wrong size of testicles;
Signs of deviation from the norm
In addition to anatomical symptoms, the deviation may have other symptoms:
- women's physique;
- anomalies and defects of other organs systems.
- mild scalp;
- deformation of the ears;
- with mental retardation;
- the presence of erectile dysfunction.
Important! If the above symptoms manifest themselves in puberty, you should immediately consult an endocrinologist.
For diagnosis you need to consult an urologist and genetics.
The first thing you need to contact your family physician, who will refer the young person to a specialist.
As a rule, for the diagnosis of abnormalities prescribe such methods of examination:
- a blood test for hormone levels;
- computer and magnetic resonance tomography;
- the genetic study of chromosomes and karyotype to exclude or confirm a hereditary pathology;
- ray method for the detection of inflammatory processes and tumors.
Important! Timely treatment will save man from physical and psychological complexes in the future.
How to increase penis?
Pathology treated in two ways:
- Conservative. Involves hormonal drugs, and the use of the extender and vacuum.
Work on the principle of the gradient of pressure with a pump from the cylinder the air is removed, creating a vacuum in the cylinder. As a result, the blood from the body flows into the penis, causing it to increase.
Extenders – devices of external stretching to the constant stretching of the penis in length.
Attention! The extender is used not only for lengthening the penis, but also for straightening the body, for example, if Peyronie's disease.
Using the extender you can achieve these results:
- the increase in length by 3-5 cm in erection;
- 2-3 cm in a relaxed state;
- the increase in diameter of 1 cm
The extender is mounted on the penis in a relaxed state for 4-10 hours a day. Use the device 4 to 6 months, depending on the desired elongation. The results achieved remain for life.
Therapy is contraindicated in:
- inflammation of the foreskin and the head;
- too pronounced of the foreskin;
- the pointed penis.
Before treatment you should consult with your doctor.
Anatomical features fixation the corpora cavernosa to the pubic bones provide an opportunity to increase the length of penis with surgery.
The tearing of the suspensory ligament is the most common surgical method that allows to lengthen the penis for the length that allows the inner part of the corpora cavernosa. Perform in combination with the plastic skin at the base of the penis.
Possible postoperative complications
Objective forecast of the result of the operation does not exist. It all depends on the anatomical features of the zone of surgical intervention. The result will depend on the results of CT and MRI of the fabrics, the lengths of the ligaments and other factors.
After the surgery may develop complications in the form of:
- scars formed due to long healing wounds;
- excessive holes of the supporting ligaments. This can lead to the location of the member in the scrotum;
- displacement of the pubic hair;
- the particular penis in which the member is retracted in the articulation;
- necrosis thin or narrow skin flap.
Preventive measures small penis:
- exception of hormone therapy by the mother during pregnancy;
- control levels of sex hormones;
- timely follow up by a specialist;
- normalization of weight;
- avoiding harmful habits;
- the exception of injuries of the penis;
- the refusal to accept hormonal preparations.
The goal of treatment is to improve the quality of life of men. The sooner the problem is diagnosed, the more effective the treatment. This will avoid complexes and discomfort in the future. Treatment is aimed at the normalization of sexual life and reproductive function. It is better if the pathology is fixed in childhood.